Ojingeo Bokkeum (오징어 볶음) is a dish composed of squid cooked with vegetables and a lot, a lot of hotness (if you can't tolerate it, you can obviously decrease it).
This recipe is very common in South Korea, it is also often prepared at home during the week as a quick meal.
You can use them fresh squid, but frozen ones are still fine. Serve hot with steamed rice.
250 gr clean squid
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1/2 spring onion
1 tablespoon of gochujang
1 teaspoon of gochugaru
1 tablespoon of mirin
1 teaspoon honey
1 generous spoonful of soy sauce
1 crushed garlic clove
1 piece of grated ginger
1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 portion of steamed rice
- Mix gochujang, gochugaru, mirin, honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Cut the squid into pieces of about 5 cm and make cross-cuts on the pulp with a sharp knife. Keep it aside.
- Cut the carrot into a stick.
- Cut the onion into very thin slices.
- Cut the spring onion into small pieces diagonally.
- In a saucepan with high sides or in a pan, heat the oil. Fry the carrot and onion for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the squid, mix.
- Add the sauce and spring onions. Continue to cook. If the sauce should dry out too much, add a little hot water (my advice is to use it to "clean up" the bowl where you prepared the sauce).
- Turn off the stove and add the toasted sesame oil and the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately accompanied with steamed rice.