Japanese pancakes are inspired by the American ones, but they're taller and softer, perfect for breakfast or as a snack accompanied by a cup of tea or coffe.
In this version they are made with matcha tea in the dough and garnished with berries and whipped cream. They can also be garnished with vanilla ice cream, maple syrup, fresh fruit and even melted chocolate, according to your taste.
90 gr white sugar
90 gr full cream milk
90 gr plain flour
10 gr matcha tea powder
- Whisk the egg yolks with 60 grams of sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the milk flush and continue beating.
- Add the sifted flour, matcha tea and baking powder and beat for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat the 3 egg whites until stiff and the remaining sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the meringue to the rest of the mixture, stirring from the bottom upwards with a spatula.
- Heat an anti-adherent pan with a large bottom. Then lower the heat to low.
- Pour part of the mixture into the pan, add a little water and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add another little mixture, another drop of water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, turn the pancakes with a spatula. Add a little water, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Put on the dish. Garnish to taste and serve.