Kimchi fried rice
Also called kimchi-bokkeum-bap (김치 볶음밥), it is one of the most popular dishes of South Korean gastronomy. Made in a very simple way, it is easily replicable at home and constitutes one of the most common meals in Korea. To the basic ingredients listed in this recipe, it is also possible to add other types of vegetables or spam, pressed meat in tin.
1 portion of steamed rice
1 head of crushed garlic
1/2 chopped onion
150 gr kimchi with its liquid
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon of gochugaru (dry flaky red pepper)
3 spoons of vegetable oil
2 or 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
strips of toasted gim seaweed
- Prepare the steamed rice and keep aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a pan with vegetarian oil. Add the kimchi with its liquid and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the steamed rice and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Adjust the flavor with the soy sauce.
- Prepare the fried egg.
- Serve: place the fried rice on a deep plate, place the fried egg on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with strips of toasted gim seaweed. Serve immediately.