Chicken teriyaki donburi
Teriyaki chicken is a very common preparation in Japan. Teriyaki indicates precisely the shiny and sweet sauce with which chicken is prepared - in the Rising Sun this sauce is very common in home cooking and is used to cook other foods as well. Very easy to prepare, tastier than the packaged one, everyone will really like this sauce.
The recipe is for one person
1 portion of steamed rice
1 chicken breast
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon of honey
2 spoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar (or mirin)
2 tablespoons of plain water
3 slices of ginger
1 spring onion
1 clove of crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of flour
1 strip of nori seaweed (optional)
- Prepare the teriyaki sauce by mixing the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, the white part of the spring onion, ginger, sugar, natural water and garlic in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Salt the chicken breast on both sides. Dab both sides with flour. Keep it aside.
- Heat a spoonful of oil in a pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce into the pan and let it shrink. Turn the chicken occasionally. When the sauce has almost completely shrunk, turn off the heat immediately. Bring the chicken on a cutting board and cut it into slices.
- Remove the spring onion and ginger from the pan. Turn the heat back on and pour 2 tablespoons of water, bringing the sauce to a boil. Pour in the chicken and shrink the sauce, stirring. The chicken must be shiny, glazed.
- Put the hot rice in a serving bowl and pour the glazed chicken over it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and the green part of the spring onion, finely chopped. Garnish with strips of nori seaweed to taste. Serve immediately.